Jun 1, 2010

Struggles

So...

To try - once again & write something on here on a more regular basis...I'm hoping more random will work better for me...So...for the nth time - I start again with that as my goal...

My thought for this moment of life is all about struggles...How we handle them & how they handle us.  One makes us better, while the latter makes us worse.

But, I'm not sure I know anyone that doesn't have some type of struggle going on in their life, of course that's a relative term - but we all have some type of struggle going on.  Whether it's my 9 year old - doing her best in SOL'S or my 78 year old dad - in a now never ending struggle to overcome his heart condition.  Though on an objective scale, one can't compare to the other - on a subjective scale, each has their own struggle they have to face today.

I relate.  Don't you?

It just seems like the rain never stops - only it's intensity changes...

In life trying to keep up is hard enough - trying to dig out - even harder...

So, in looking around at the landscape of life - I see struggles everywhere...SOL'S for a 9 year old...A tough baseball playoff game loss for a 17 year old...A pretty big bill to get a SUV repaired for a 20 year old...A "trying to balance it all out" challenge for my wife...Me - trying to trust the timing with God, while knowing "it is all in His control"...

So, with faith in God & a daily determination to not let them get the best of me or even worse - feel overwhelmed by the size & number of them all - like you - I put one foot in front of the other - believing that I really am making progress & that for each of my family - we are handling our struggles & not letting them handle us...

Press On.

Peace.

1 comment:

bexjohn said...

I appreciate your posts no matter how random or constant. My husband and I used to attend FAM but are now in Navarre, FL. I miss hearing God use you on Sundays. I think we can all relate to this post. Thank you for sharing what's on your heart and I look forward to reading more. Keep pressing on...