Feb 2, 2010

Update

Hey all

We get asked quite often some form of the question - what are you up to/how are you all doing...

So - I'll start with an update of things in the Groves Home.

Shawn & I are doing great. We have been going to marital counseling for about 8 months now. Until mid December - we went every Thursday. Now we go every other. To say that our counselor (a Christ follower) has been a God send would be an understatement - for both our marriage & myself. My past keeps trying to show up via people that "just won't let it go" or that don't want me or others to forget about it - but we are doing well in spite of all that.

For about 3 months now - we get up each weekday at 6:15 to pray together. This one spiritual discipline has provided some serious healing for each of us & our marriage.

I have been meeting with a Sr Pastor of a local church, every Tuesday, for about 5 or 6 months. Again - a God send into my life. He offers some great friendship as well as Godly wisdom. Our meetings have gone to every other week now too.

My kids - are all doing well. Cosmetology school...Baseball...an 8 year old Sweetheart...

We have still not found a church to call home. Fact is we haven't even come close yet. We have only been to church a few times in the last 9 months. Sundays are still a tough reminder of my sin(s).

We have been surrounded by some great friends through out the last several months. It would be true to say - that without them we would not be close to where we are today. They know who they are & we are eternally grateful for those that have been there for & with us.

A Couple local pastors have reached out to me/us during this extremely difficult time in my/our life. They have exemplified the ability to still offer grace & forgiveness - which - for some reason - is not as readily offered when you fall as a Pastor. Not that we shouldn't have a higher accountability & all that...but when ya fall - your titles are all gone & you are then just a regular ole sinner that has to still make it...

I still hear often of my past from someone that "follows Christ". Interestingly enough - that's the only group that still does that? They still are calling people...talking about the latest rumor...making sure all the people in my life have all the latest...etc...Truth is - repairing a marriage is tough enough...having to do so in the spot light that people keep shining on us is quite another...whoops - I'm sorry - I didn't mean to get off on that...but if you want to know what a day is like in our life - that would still be what it's like...

Well, there's more - but for now this will do...

Peace

Bob

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I would love for John and I to spend some time with you guys...We miss you sooo much...so thankful that God is restoring your family...Love yall, Lynn

Kim Davis said...

Chuck and I love you guys very much. God has new plans for you both. Keep praying!

Sincerely,
Chuck and Kim Daivs

David and Jean Lowe said...

Bob, it was good to see you a couple weeks ago and to know that you and Shawn and the children are doing well. We are glad you are blogging again. That lets us know how you are doing and what is going on in your lives. We pray that God will continue to bless you. We love and miss you guys. Jean and David Lowe

MHEUNEMAN said...

It is easier to look out a window than into a mirror , as long as people cast light on you they can hide their issues in the shadows...
You are a good man on a long journey , good luck in all you do!

Unknown said...

I miss you, Shawn and the kids but I'm happy you are "doin' your thang" and making progress. I agree with all the above comments. I have to remind myself that people LOVE drama (saved or not). Glad your back blogging too.