May 18, 2009

Galatians 6 - Crazy Stuff...

Potentially my last lesson taught at FAM was Galatians 6. I'd like to reflect on a couple parts of the lesson I taught w/subsequent thoughts in blue.

Ga. 6:1, 2 says if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. (2) Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ...

The passage teaches us to restore the fallen - considering ourselves while doing so. I taught that we should treat the fallen the way we would want to be treated if we ever fall.

Thought - Little did i know that w/in 72 hours - I'd need that in ways greater than ever in my life & little did I know where that would or more importantly would not come from. Amazing!

Verse 2 means that we should help the fallen bear the burden until they are restored...

Thought - Never ever live your life so that it (any part of it or your destiny) ends up in someone else's hands. That my friend is a miserable thing & place, for no matter what - not everyone is looking out for your best interest.

Ga. 6:7, 8 says Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. (8) For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.

The passage teaches the "Law of Identical Harvest". Whatever seed you plant is the plant that's going to grow. It's a law or principle (meaning unbreakable rule).

Thought - Trust me - this is absolutely 100% true. Your "seed" will eventually become a harvest in your life. For me, my challenge is now the next verse. Verse 9 says And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. I now have to "replant" my life's field & I have to do so long enough & consistently enough to over take the "old" harvest. "Do not lose heart" means to not give up hope - that is a tough one right now.

Additional Thoughts

Don't EVER forget relationships are more important than religion. I have seen religions fangs & "it ain't pretty".

There are no delete or rewind buttons in life.

Satan is a serpent not a rhinoceros...

Nuff said for now...

Journey On...


1 comment:

Leann said...

Pastor Bob,
I sincerely hope that wasn't your last message taught there! FAM is not the same without you and your teachings. I have only been going there for about 9 months but your words and guidance brought me so much closer to God. I am so glad that you have been sharing your Journey with us. You and your Family will be in my prayers daily!