May 19, 2009

New Prayers Old Prayers New Prayers

While talking to God (AKA Praying) yesterday...I realized that over time I had quit praying a couple prayers I used to pray all the time...

Here they are

1 - I used to pray words from a song "I bow my knees before your throne...I know my life is not my own..."

That prayer always reminded me that I am on this earth for HIS purpose & not mine. Somewhere that prayer just got lost...

2 - I used to pray that God would "break me" & then ONLY pick up the pieces that were for HIS glory.

I always pictured myself as a vessel God would pour through. In wanting to be a vessel of honor - I wanted to be exactly what He created me to be. Again - another prayer that just got lost.

3 - I used to pray that I would die daily & that He would increase in me. Like John the Baptist said - Jesus must increase & I must decrease.

I always pictured Jesus as increasing His capacity in my life. Somewhere that too got lost...

4 - Even with a vibrant prayer life I, like the disciples, would ask Jesus to teach me to pray.

I always believed that prayer is so much more than drudgery. Yet, without faith engaged - it's psychobabble. Therefore, I'd ask Jesus to teach me what prayer really is - so I could truly get to know Him more & more. This prayer too was lost along the way.

One thing I know is absolutely true for me - as my prayer life goes - so go I. If it's good - I'm good...If it's not - neither am I. Looking back, I see that my prayer life had become little more than rescue missions for Bob from time to time & not really a practicing relationship with Jesus, my Savior...Lord...Master...

So, yesterday, as my spirit was renewed at His feet (again), each of these prayers were prayed again & what a moment it was as God led me back to some things that have been lost along the way.

So...

Another step...

No comments: