Jun 8, 2009

Love Grace & Mercy

Here's where I'm at on something...

By sinning - I gave up ALL my rights to ask or expect anything.

What I mean by that - I have no right to ask for anything from anyone nor do I have any right to expect anything from them either. And I mean NONE...

Whether it's my wife...my kids...friends or anyone else - I have no right to ask for anything.

The way I see that is - I gave all that up through my sin. So...If anyone (Shawn included) decides to: come back into my life...love me...be my friend...hang out with me...it's all a "measure" of love grace & mercy being given back to me. I have no right to ask for it nor expect it...

When you stand alone & are truly lonely - you are reminded real quickly how much love grace & mercy means to you - not in talk - but in action...

So, it causes you (me) to go from living, to some degree, a life of taking things for granted - to a life of taking nothing for granted. NOTHING! Anyone that chooses to come back into my life is exactly that - their choice & therefore a gift in my life.

So, what's that mean for me?

To all the people that have made the choice to come back into my life (& those that will), I'm hoping that I never loose that feeling of deep appreciation for each of you...It means the world to have friends & family that choose to come back in my life!

Thanks.

So...

Another step...

PS
Some are asking how to reach me or Shawn - our email is bobgroves@cox.net. You can reach either or both of us there...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your friend til the end...

Wolf said...

I stumbled across your blog quite by accident late last week and have followed daily. Thanks for sharing your Journey. There must be a tremendious amount of healing that takes place when pondered thoughts actually take shape and you can SEE it all before you. Although it's not meant to be so...it's been a tool that has helped me as well. Blessings!

AmyT said...

Bob, well if you do not have a right to ask for/expect anything then neither do the rest of us. We all sin and fall short. Doesn't matter what the sin is. Sin is sin, period. There is not anyone out there that does not do it daily and sometimes twice a day. But God is so loving that all we have to do is repent and he WIPES THAT SIN AWAY AND REMEMBERS IT NO MORE. You and Shawn are awesome people. Jim and I feel blessed to know you both. We are always here!

David and Jean Lowe said...

We feel blessed to know you and your family and you can count us in as friends that never left. We are keeping you in our prayers as you make your journey. Hope to see you back at FAM soon.