Jun 9, 2009

A New Creation

2 Corinthians 5:16 - 21 says this:

Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation. Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God. For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Verse 17 is in blue... it says that if anyone is in Christ - they are a new creation; the old has passed away & all things have become new.

My prayer is that God teaches me how to fully experience that (as a man...husband...father...friend...Christ-follower...) over & over & over - not just once...not just for the moment...not just for today...UNTIL...

Until - I am truly a new creation in all areas of life - from the inside out.

The only thing I currently know to do to allow this to happen is pray & seek God...By that, I mean to put myself on my knees & cry out to Him from my heart, trusting that those moments will be God-Encounters. God-Encounters where God does something within me that I am incapable of doing myself. Then trust that in real life - the "new me" is the one that lives...

Lord - Hear my prayer...

So...

Another step...

2 comments:

onehstrybuff said...

Good stuff, PB. If we are a new creation, then the old habits should have passed away. But sometimes they raise their ugly head.....Is prayer the answer ? Yes. To me the key is where God does something within us that we are not capable of doing ourself. That's it, you nailed it. Nothing else will suffice or explain it better.
Thanx for your post, keep bloggin !

Amanda said...

Thanks for sharing your steps. They help other people make steps too, inspiring. Keep pressing on and know that lots of people will be waiting for you when the race is done. Sometimes this earth can be a hard place to be, its how you face it that will be remembered. You have influenced so many, and through your trial , because you are willing, you continue to do so... so thanks....keep pressing on.