Jun 5, 2009

Random Thoughts Rants & Thanks

For those of you that have been on this site a while - you know the blogs have slowed down. I wanted to share what's going on in my journey - but since it doesn't fit a blog very well - I have to just throw it all out there.

You see - it's not that "nothing is happening" - because it is - lots...Lots of good things as a matter of fact - for me...Shawn...my marriage...my kids..my family..etc...

So, in general - we are doing good...But some of the other things going on - the thoughts & stuff I/we are dealing with is what I want to share about...


Random Thoughts

Sin - there is no scale for sin. It all stinks - period. However, we all scale sin & make some worse than others - I do the same thing too. We all sin...


Silence is sometimes the loudest noise...



Rumors are like wildfire. The longer they live - the more out of control they become. 


Gossips are NOT looking out for your best interest - no matter what they say or how they say it...


Self righteousness stinks...

Unforgiveness is a spiritual emotional cancer that will rot your soul...

To not react is wrong - to live in your reaction is too...

Love is the main thing...

Like faith without works is dead - Love without action is too... Love is a verb & without action the words make no sense & becomes meaningless...

Talk is cheap...


Pastors have few friends show up if/when they fall...



Bottom line - this is all about heaven & hell - where we will spend eternity...Like you - I have to make it!

For the 100's & 100's that have reached out to us (Me...Shawn...My kids...) - you'll never know how much that has meant & continues to mean...THANKS!

Every contact (cards...calls...visits etc...) that has been made with Shawn is greatly appreciated...THANKS!

For those that embraced my kids at FAM - THANKS!


For those that have "risked" being our friends - THANKS!

Shawn & I are doing really well...So are my kids...We are determined to get through this...It's friends & family that have not made this about them & rallied around us that have helped buoy us in this storm...THANKS

As I said, this is just a bunch of things we are dealing with on a daily basis - stuff that's just running around in my brain...So, I thought you'd just like to know...

I'm learning & changing...

Another step...


6 comments:

Cheryl Myers said...

PB,

You are right, sin is sin and anyone who thinks yours is worse than their's is deceiving themselves and God's love is truly not being shown through them.

We are so glad to hear that you and Shawn and the kids are doing well. We love you all, miss you greatly and pray that God will bring you back to us soon.

Shawn Sells said...

Just wanted to say "Thank you" for bringing me closer to God. We miss you and hope to see you and your family soon. We truely love you all as if you were part of our family. May God continue to bless you and your family. The Sells Family

Vernon Altman said...

I just wanted to tell you and the family that we are prying for you and the family everyday. You have done a great deal for my journey so far. I am glad that I finally found your blog/twitter, with help from Shawn's brother, who I talked to for a while at the retreat. I know there is nothing that "I" would probably be able to help "you" with, but if there IS "anything", please let me know. A great man once told me "stay the course", which I have tried to do. Now I wish that great man the same. Good luck. Go SOX

Unknown said...

Hey there Pastor Bob,
Glad to see you blogging. It's nice reading your thoughts and ideas again. Miss you and your family at church. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope to see you and your family soon.

Mary

Unknown said...

So glad to hear the great news of your family, in this latest blog session. Fervent prayer from this end...will continue, count on it.
Bless you all,
Cup

MHEUNEMAN said...

We stand by you PB , things over the years you have helped me with , things of the years you have taught our family about the word of GOD , none of that has left us. You are so very much missed and nothing will change the impact your messages had on so many people who came to know CHRIST because of you. You didn't "turn on us" and you never claimed to be perfect. People do show their true colors when the chips are down...