Nov 20, 2011

The COST...of Sin...My Sin...



So...

Lately a series of Blogs has been running through my brain regarding the cost of sin...in particular - my sin...

So, for the next several blogs I'll be writing about exactly that - the realized cost of my sin.

1st, I want to address nothing more than the subject of COST.

As idiotic as it may sound or seem, it's something you either never consider or you think you can cheat...or get away with...something like that anyway.  You just never really consider ALL the costs associated with the cost.  You never really think through all the costs...I'm not sure you can.  Maybe even if you do/could, you again lie to yourself & think you'll be able to cheat it again or something...I don't know - all I know is if you really really knew all the ways your sin would end up costing you - I don't think you could ever come to the conclusion of it being worth it.  Maybe that's part of the sin, it finds ways to lie to you...deceive you...lull you into a sleep...something, again, I'm not really sure.

The costs have been horrendous to be blunt.  And, horrendous is not a word that over states it either.

Some of the realized tangible costs have been:

Marriage.

Home.

Family.

Friends.

Public image.

Ministry.

Minister friends.

Opportunities.

Income.

Security.

Some of the Non-tangible costs:

Confidence.

Credibility.

Fearful.

Trust.

Uncertainty.

Second guessing.

Suspicious.

Love.

Joy.

Peace.

Harmony.

Note - this is not an exhaustive list.  It simply represents some of the things that are on my heart at this moment of the journey.  I'll take several of these in the days ahead & elaborate on them accordingly.  I'm not sure if I'll cover all of them or some of them.  But, it's definitely safe to say, that some of these are really on my heart & will definitely be covered in some detail.

I'm not really sure why some of them have gotten so heavy in my heart of late, but they have.  As this blog has largely been a part of the Journey I have taken towards healing & restoration...I feel that's part of what this is all about - healing.  Whether it's some things I need to say for myself or for others to hear, I'm not sure...time will tell.

peace

b

No comments: