Nov 7, 2011

I'm a People Person...Sort of.



My personality is all about people.

I like being around people...Well, I'm learning, that's not entirely true.  I am realizing more & more, that for me, there are certain people types I like being around & there are certain people types that I don't like being around at all.

For instance...

I like being around confident people, but I don't like being around arrogant people.

I like being around people that find their value in themselves, I don't like being around people who think the things they own makes them more valuable than they really are, or who think it makes them more valuable than someone who doesn't have what they have.

I like being around real people, I don't like being around fake people.

I like being around people with depth, I don't like being around superficial people.

I like being around people that can handle honest conversations, I don't like being around people that can't.

I like being around people that are trying their best, I don't like being around people that go half___ on anything.

I like being around people that have a story (past) & are ok with it, I don't like being around people who judge people that have a story.

I like being around people that offer grace, I don't like being around people who forgot they need it.

I like being around sinners forgiven by grace better than I like being around "holier than thou & never messed up" people.

I'd rather be around someone that fell & knows how to get back up than be around someone that never fell & has some judgment about those that have.

I'd rather hang out with people that recognize we are all messed up in some way, than hang out with people who think they have it all together.

I struggle with people that are consistently sad or down in the dumps or just seem to always be negative. Yet, I also struggle with people that are consistently faking happiness.  Life happens - I like people that face it as it is & move on.  If it's good - enjoy it...if it's not - then admit it, deal with it & then move on.

I really struggle with people who major in the minors...those that point out "things" in others - as if they can't believe that about them...or can't believe they'd do that...or or or...All the time, they forget the judgment they are passing, IMO is worse than the gnat they are choking over.

I'd rather have someone tell me off, than fake like they like me.  I can't stand that obligatory mess...especially among the Followers of Christ.

I like being around tough people better than being around sissies.

I like being around people who live...who overcome...who strive...I don't like being around people give up or who allow themselves to not try because...

I like being around people who go after it...who do their best...I don't like being around people who under achieve & allow the fact that they are better than others to be the reason for not really going after it...

I like being around people who find the limits & go beyond them...I don't like being around people who tell you all the reasons it can't be done.

I like being around people who know what it's really all about...I don't like being around people who should have figured it out by now.

I like being around people who like people...I don't like being around people who don't.

I like being around people who are on a spiritual journey with Christ, I don't like being around people who hide behind their religion.

I like being around people who can have real discussions about God... Jesus...faith...etc.  I don't like being around people who can't.  One seems much more real than the other.

I like being around people who can separate the sin from the sinner...I don't like being around people who can't.

I like being around people who take you for who you are, not for what you've done.  I don't like being around people who can't separate the two.

I could go on - but that's pretty much what had me up early this morning...

I'm a people person...well, sort of.

peace

b

No comments: