Jul 13, 2011

Lately...stuff running around in my head...

Thought I'd go random & throw out a few things running around in my head...

Baptism - we had our 2nd ever baptism this past week - again in a lake...really cool.  We had 14 baptized & then somewhere around 120 or so there to be a part of the day.  So, in our 2 baptisms - we have had 65 people get in the lake...Again - way cool.

Moving from the High School to Regal was tough.  Why?  Well, it's our 3rd move since starting.  When we moved into the school, we didn't know they were going to do a major HVAC overhaul...so when they informed us of having to move - yuk.  For whatever reason, not everyone goes with you...I'm not sure if it's psychological...if it really is about driving a few minutes longer...environment change...or what?  But moves are tough.  However, the real reason I bring it up is the theater has been great!  The people at the theater (each & every employee) have been great to work with...the "fit" is better for our size right now...the sound works better...the set up is easier...on & on...it's just been good. Which leads me to my next thought...

Genesis Sundays - the short version - I think the last couple weeks have been some of our most effective Sundays to date.  IMO - every element was right on time.  I have loved it & the altar response or take away has been "off the chain".  The next few weeks feel like they are going to be equally as strong.  It just seems like we have turned a corner in many ways...

Reconnecting - over the last few weeks God has laid a couple different "people from the past" on my heart...So far, I have made some attempt each time to reach out & just touch base as I felt I should.  So far - so good...thank you God!

Focus - I'm not sure why - but I have a few thoughts on it - it just feels like God has given me an incredible focus for this moment in life...with every hat i wear - i feel like he has graced me in ways that feel like "the way it used to be".  Good stuff.

Friends - Shawn & I have worked hard at becoming friends - not just spouses to each other.  It has been one of the most healed & thriving areas for us.  

Home - I love the amount of laughter that lives in my home.  

Last - I hope to figure out how to reach out to fallen ministers.  I mean really reach out.  The stats are not good for the fallen.  If I have anything to do with it - Genesis will be a place where the fallen - both those in ministry & those "just fallen" will be able to get back up.  IMO - that's one of the ways God really gets the glory amidst the messes...

Anyway 

Peace

b

No comments: