Jul 7, 2011

Pictures Tell a Story

Pictures...i have taken a lot of them over the years.  They say a picture is worth a 1000 words & that's true.  Not that I'm a good photographer - but to me - certain pics tell more of a story than others.

So, with that being said, I went through our almost 3000 pics & selected those that are some of my favs.

My plan, is when i don't really have anything i can think of to blog about...I'll post a pic & tell a brief story of why its a fav of mine.

Some, will be about the moment they are taken...the memory captured at the time.  Others will be about the story leading up to the pic...meaning - its not the memory, so much as what lead to that specific moment.  Others will be simply because of an emotion...look...something...Some may have no explanation at all...it will speak on its own.

If you're looking for perfect lighting & all the other jazz that makes great photography, look elsewhere, because I'm not making the claim of all that.  I'm just saying some of pics, with photographic flaw & all, tell some pretty good stories.

Anyway

Here's the pic I choose for the 1st - my family.  It speaks all by itself...but here's the story behind it.

We were actually doing a shoot for Ashton's grad pics.  We were at Sandbridge & since we had the whole family & it was such a nice evening...we took a few family pics.  This is 1 of my favs from  that eve.

Here's why...

The smiles...the feel of the pic is love.  I see happiness & closeness.  I think my family is incredible in many ways...



P.S. - Obviously, I didn't take this one...but it's in the fav file, so there ya go.

No comments: