Jul 22, 2011

Why?

I'm wondering why...

Why do we think its ok to be so dishonest about how we feel towards people we really care about?

What I mean is probably not what you're thinking right now...here's what I mean...

Specific to the people you care most about in your life...spouse...family...friends...

In mentioning family & friends - I'm not talking about distant family - like the ones you only see 1x every 2 years...or those you don't care to admit you're related to...or friends that are called that just because it sounds better to say "they are my friend" than saying some other lame something or another...I'm talking about the family that you're close to & the friends that are the same - close...the ones you miss when they are not a part of your life...them.

Why are we not so much as dishonest - as just not honest.  I mean why do we lose days...weeks...longer by not dealing with feelings (or whatever needs to be said here) that can be dealt with?  Why do we act as if nothing is wrong - while we simply distance ourselves from one another?  Why do we just fake it - all the time we are really acting as if we are all 5 years old...

Or better yet, just ignore them - hilarious!  They really are still on the earth & they really do feel what you're sending out - with or without words...or actions for that matter.

Why do we answer the question "Is something wrong" with "no"...all the while - there is & we just don't fix it?  or why do we just not talk about it at all...

Why?

From outside looking in - I watch & hear about spouses...family...friends...all allowing stupid stuff to keep each other from being as close as you used to be...

As they say "it takes two".  If only one tries to fix it - it just can't be done...it takes two baby - it takes two.  Whoops - forgive me - I heard the song ringing in my head & therefore had to type it out...

Anyway - if you are allowing something to stand between you AND/OR your spouse...family that matters...OR friends that do - then let's take an honest look at things...ask yourself "why".  "Why am i keeping this between me & them?".  If it ain't worth it - it ain't worth it.  If it is - it is.

Just wondering why...as I watch too many good people keep people they care about out of their life for really lame reasons...

Peace

b

No comments: