Sep 27, 2011

Life Struggles...



















I wanted to try & encourage a friend or 2 today.

I don't know about all of us...but for most of us - we don't like to struggle - me included.

However...there are things we can only learn when or after we struggle.

For instance, we will learn where we place our greatest trust when we struggle.  Because, after it all gets heated up, we will ultimately turn to what we think will most help us get through it or cope with it.  Whether it's God...the Bible...a friend...spouse...alcohol...drugs...something.  But no matter what - we will turn to it...maybe not initially...but eventually.  Ideally, we will turn to God.

We also learn a lot about ourselves in struggles.  We can claim to be strong...tough...whatever...but we really don't know what we're made of until we have to know what we are made of.  Because, we can fake it in the good times...blah blah blah stuff...But, again, when the heat is on, whatever is really in us will surface - good or bad.  We might find out we are stronger than we thought or we might fall apart.  But, it's a lesson on self no matter.

We will learn about those closest to us as well.  It's easy to have a friend when it easy...anyone can do that.  However, you already know - you find out who you're true friends are when the chips are down.

Life happens...some days it's good...some bad...some horrible.  We all face times that are uncertain...unfair...difficult...etc.

I know there are people that are : better off than me & worse off than me.  Neither one helps me when the tough parts of life are rocking my world.

The only thing I know to do is...

Stay focused...Pray...Lean on God & lean on my faith in Him...Find a scripture that helps...Trust in His Sovereignty...Listen to good advice & good music...Find ways to de-stress...Be honest in where I am with those I can really trust...Believe that this too shall pass...Hold On...

So, for my friends that are struggling...Know - you are not in this alone...and there is a brighter day ahead.  Like you, I just wish it would get here quicker too...but until it does - walk on.

b

1 comment:

Kim said...

"Because, we can fake it in the good times...blah blah blah stuff...But, again, when the heat is on, whatever is really in us will surface - good or bad. We might find out we are stronger than we thought or we might fall apart. But, it's a lesson on self no matter" And finding out can really hurt... but it is neccessary for growth.. I am sure finding that out lately. Love reading your blog. It really hits home. Love the honesty of it all. Thanks PB!