Oct 1, 2011

Journey of 100 Blogs...



















I saw that this is my 100th blog...so, it felt like looking back to see all God has done for us would be right.  Here we go...


It all started May 16, 2009 with this entry...



Journey

In the next several months, I will take a journey I've never chosen to take - a journey deep within myself - with God.  I plan on allowing Him to access parts of me, mainly being somewhere deep in my heart, that believe it or not - He's never had full access to. I'm not saying He's not had my heart because He has - there's just a piece of it that He's never had, because it's been very isolated and protected from not only Him - but from everyone - including myself.  I have no idea how to make or allow this to happen - but I am trusting in Him alone to do this. I will fully participate as I learn how - again trusting Him to teach me.  Somehow, I will be a different and better person in the future than I am today and ever have been.  The story of the Phoenix (being reborn from its ashes) is my icon for this journey…

So... Let the journey begin...

Bob

And, over the 2 1/2 years since - the Journey Blog has been somewhat of a journal for where I was at certain times along the way.

Here are a few things I've covered - that in looking back at them for this 100th blog - feel like they help me know where I was, am & still hope to be.

Like, knowing I taught Galatians 6 as my final teaching - EVER...at FAM.  That's like weird science to me then & now.

Anyway - I hope this helps you see God's hand...from then til now.

MUSIC

I posted several songs along the way...Not one of them was random at the time.  Music is a huge avenue in my life - for God to speak to me.  Though not all were "christian", each spoke to me in very real ways...most of them still do.

Here's the song journey...

3rd Day - WIRE
Nickelback - If Today was Your Last Day

Louis Armstrong - What a Wonderful World
Sanctus Real - Whatever You're Doing
Jason Gray - I Am New
Listener - Wooden Heart (I love this song...but the guy seems whacked...)
Amos Lee (blues) - Jesus (great song!!!)
Some kid named Jotta A, from Brazil singing - Agnus dei...awesome.

These are not the only ones that spoke/speak to me...just some I mentioned along the way.

The WORD

I also looked at scripture verses - that at the very time were instrumental in doing something within me...like:

2 Corinthians 5:16 - 21 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

Or Jesus instructing us to "pray for our enemies" & "pray blessings on those that curse you."   Huge healing took place in my (& Shawn's) heart because of obeying this verse.

Or, Jesus instructing us to "take up our cross & follow Him"...

Or, the woman caught in adultery & how Christ dealt with her...forgiveness...

Or, "Love cares more for others than for self".  I Cor. 13

Word Studies

Redeemer & redemption...
Nothing is impossible...
Verses about God going BEFORE...BESIDE...and BEHIND us...
Love...grace...mercy...
Fruit (Proof) of God's Spirit being in you...
Grace anatomy - what grace really is Biblically...

God Speaking to Me

I shared different "things" that God used to speak to me...

Like Dove (a symbol of God's presence) in my yard...seemingly "crying" over me...my marriage...my home...family...

Erwin McManus' "Cravings" Documentary.  I still go watch this from time to time...

Finances - staying faithful when times are tough...hard to do...

John Maxwell's talk on Life Dreams...what it takes to see them become realities...

Several entries on going to Church...each of them were simply straight from the heart...typing what came to mind.

Parables

The Parable of the Feathers...

A Man Fell into a Pit...

The Parable of the Mousetrap...

Prayer

I wrote several times about prayer...which I think is really cool.  It's probably 1 of the areas that has most changed in my life & marriage as well.  Shawn & I still pray together on a very regular basis...good stuff.

Thoughts...

I shared thoughts/philosophies...stuff...

Like the battle to really really really change...
Or knowing who & who not to listen to & allow to speak into your life...
Or having a life long view of your time on earth...realizing God is writing your story daily...
Or not allowing yourself to become "stale" in life...but challenge yourself to LIVE...
Or realizing we are ALL in some kind of battle all the time...
Or taking some time to find yourself, or the real you gets lost in the pace of life...

Random

Then I had a few "random" entries...

Some were nothing more than that...random.  It's where I sit down & type out all (most) of the stuff running around in my brain.

Some were rants about something.  Probably the most stupid one - cigarette butts on the beach...

One was a quote I like..."Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."

One was during the last hurricane...why I no longer (& still don't) watch channel 10 weather & why I became a channel 13 fan...


I did a movie review...

Genesis (which Biblically means beginnings...)

I talked about Genesis...in general a time or two...Easter specifically...Baptisms...friends..etc...
How blessed we are to have a Genesis - in all meanings of the word.

Family

I talked about my marriage...family...kids...home...

Like how we renewed our vows this past summer & celebrated our 25th anniversary!  

Or, each of my kids...

I updated the world on how Shawn & I was doing through a very beautiful & yet incredibly difficult restoration process.  A process that absolutely has changed each of us & our marriage like never before.  It's an incredible thing God has helped us do in our marriage & home.

Anyway...

When I saw that this would be my 100th blog in Journey...it somehow hit me that it felt bigger than 99 was...like a milestone of sorts.  So, for me, I wanted to go back & see where has God brought me...Shawn...our marriage...my kids...my family...my home...my friendships...AND the ministry He has allowed us to be in again.

So, to EACH & EVERYONE of you that are somehow in our life - either back in our life or simply now in our life - THANKS!!! 

We love each of you & are incredibly humbled that you would journey with us in whatever capacity you have done so.

We have 100 more blogs to write that will represent God's hand on us in some way.  Then perhaps we will stop & look back again...only to see how gracious God has been again.

Love

B

comments welcomed... :)

No comments: