Oct 18, 2011

Perspective is Everything...



They say that "how you see it is your reality".  I think there's a lot of truth in that statement.

If you see the proverbial "glass as being half-empty" it is...if you see it as being "half-full" it is.  Your perception is your reality.

With that being said...I am a blessed man.

I was awake early this morning - reflecting on the past several days...just counting my blessings.

Friday night - Shawn & I went out with our best friends for dinner...then we hung out & listened to a friend of our play some great music for the evening.  Just a great night.

Saturday - Studied...hung out some with Shawn when we were able.

Sunday - Genesis...then went to lunch with about 50 or so friends afterwards...then went to Jim & Deanna's for some football, friends & food.  A great day.

Monday - Shawn & I went with Kyndall & Jorden to look at wedding venues...(my sister Deb, went too - which was cool).  We rode to the Eastern Shore...it brought back good memories of yesteryear...another great day.

Monday Evening - Ashton cooked dinner for the entire family (shish kabobs on the grill)...then we all hung out & carved pumpkins...Taylor brought her usual artistic expression to her pumpkin.  Overall it was laughs...goofy pics...a fun time together...another great day.

Just good stuff all the way around...no matter where I look - the glass is more than half full.

Now, if I wanted, I could find the half empty stuff of bills...leaky faucets...blah blah blah... IF I wanted to.    But, I choose not to.  I choose to see all the incredible blessings in my life.

Truth - I'm a blessed man.

Faith...Family...Friends...

What more could you ask for...because, when it's all said & done - that's all you have anyway.

peace.

b

No comments: