Jan 13, 2012

Random Stuff on the 13th...







K...


From time to time I have a lot of mess rambling around in my brain...nothing earth shattering - just stuff that stays on the radar...stuff that makes me pause & think...etc...


Here's some of what's running around in my brain...


The Cosmos.


When I was in grade school - we had 9...no wait 8... planets we had knowledge of.  Well, we now know there are a few more...as in 100 BILLION planets in the Milky Way!  WHAT?  They say that every star has a planet now...what the...


Well - it's not that part that messes with me.  It's the whole theology thing that I have to put in a drawer & leave alone.  Because, this is crazy huge to fathom.  Not like 9 planets & all the cosmos was any easier...it's just that it's tough to believe that we are the only planet with life.  So far - that is what we know...so no harm - no foul.  BUT... hypothetically - they say there has to be other life out there.  If not, it's a crazy waste of creative space.  If so, how does that play into the whole gospel thing?  See - I have to leave it in a drawer titled "Do Not Open".  But, I read every article that catches my attention on CNN...just to see if the drawer has been cracked open by anyone.


The World.


Specifically, the other side of the globe.  Syria...China...Iran...Iraq...Afghanistan...North Korea...and one or more that seem to be less than stable in the big global front.  IMO, the way the world has become so connected & yet so disfranchised at the same time...we have to see a World Leader take the helm one day.  This is the other side of the Cosmos thing.  The Bible speaks of a World Leader eventually coming to the scene.  I think it has to happen...


A side note - not in my life time or my kids (I hope) we will have to stabilize this earth.  We can't keep growing to billions & expect mother earth to sustain us.  How we do it, or how earth does it remains a mystery yet.  But, we see glimpses of this when some crazy storm..wave...earth quake...etc - knocks the population down in some region quickly...


Like I said, stuff running around my brain.


NOW


Let's go somewhere else in this random journey.


Christians.


Why do some of us feel so justified acting so UN Christlike?  I have mentioned this before.  But, I just don't get it.  It's like we feel completely at peace being so ugly...cold...indifferent..etc.  It's like if it's a person or sin we are at odds with - we feel completely right being completely wrong.


Moving ON


Extremes.


I watch too many people live in the extremes of life.  It's like we are either really on our game or really off our game...but seldom just staying in the game.  For example, I get a call from someone who is going to "get their life together".  So, they come of the gate screaming "game on".  Only to run out of breath in the 1st round...quit...go back to exactly where they were before.  Or, I see it with marriages...homes...and in other examples of life.  Why not learn to take steps we can perpetuate, rather than steps that we can't keep up with.  I see it all the time...


Well...


There was more about 3:30 this morning...but it doesn't sound like something to write about now.  Perhaps some clarity has awakened now, that wasn't there at 3:30.


Anyway...


Traveling On...


b


Also, I'm trying to learn how to use the LIKE button below.  If you don't mind hitting it - it would help me see how this thing works (& if it works).  Thanks.




No comments: