Jan 19, 2012

Some things about the Ole Blog called Journey...



K.

I'd like to share a few things regarding my blog.

1st - I really enjoy "blogging".  I happen to like the whole "this is where I am" thing...

2nd - Thanks for reading my blog.  I made a choice a long time ago, to write for effectiveness rather than popularity.  So, thanks for finding it valuable.

3rd - I feel very called to continue to see where this blog will end up.  I definitely see it as a "tool" that's being used outside of a Sunday morning only kind of ministry.  The number of people reading it is very humbling in & of itself.

4th - I feel it is meant to become even more of something.  I'm not sure what that means yet, but I feel it has a positive place in life.

5th - That's why I'm writing this blog.  If you see it as something valuable...will you help me make this more effective?  Will you help me get this out to more people?

How?  I'm glad you asked...

A few ways.

1 - If you have FB & like any blog you read.  At the bottom of that blog now will always be a "Like" button (with the thumb up icon) from FB.  If you would simply click on it - it will post on your page...then anyone you are friends with can check it out as well.  This one step has been a main way of getting this "out there".

2 - If you have someone specifically come to mind, you can "send" it to them via FB.  That button is right beside the "Like" button.  Also, there are other icons below that for sharing as well.  Whether FB, twitter, Google +1...etc.  Use accordingly...

3 - Up at the top right side of the blog - there is a "Subscribe to my blog" box.  You can sign up for a feed from the blog anytime a new blog is posted.  By subscribing, you don't have to check it out - it will let ya know there's something new to read.

4 - Right below that, is "Most Read Blogs".  The top 5 are automatically generated by which blogs have been read the most by the readers (you).  If you've not read them - they are worth reading...IMO.  I must have hit a nerve on that series - for the top 5 are all from the same series called "The Cost".

5 - If you follow this site on a regular basis, consider joining the blog.  That's found under the blog listing on the right.

6 - I'd love for more people to comment on the blogs.  I've tried to make them easier to comment on...but I haven't been very successful at it - yet.

Lastly (but not least) - If you believe in prayer...would you pray for me...my marriage...my family & the ministry God has allowed us back into.  Specific to this blog site, pray that I will know how to be used in it's content to make a positive difference in lives I may never meet.

thanks

b

2 comments:

Kim Davis said...

Somtimes we will not always know how something is being used by God. We just have to trust that it is. I know there has been many times that I used your Journey blog to reach someone I know need to hear what you have to say. Like I have told you before, there are poeple at my job who needed to read some of the things you posted and they were thankful for it. Keep blogging! and Thanks! kim d

THood said...

I think you are doing exactly what you feel that your supposed to. I enjoy reading it not only for my growth but it also lets me see your heart. Expecially the cost series. You hear our father saying do it. So keep on doing it until he tells you to stop. Love ya man and you and the family in our thoughts and prayers.