Jan 31, 2012

A Defining Moment




I'm going to add a new piece to my blog.  It's going to be a weekly entry called "A Defining Moment".

It will take a look back at the week & identify a moment that seemed to be: bigger than the moment itself...special for any number of reasons...a moment to remember - again for any number of reasons.

It will find a moment that stands out as being "defining".  Something that makes the week more alive.

Normally, this will be done on Saturday.  I think.

I woke up early this morning reflecting on a very special moment that I'd like to share with you.

It happened January 16th, last Monday.

The event - reserving the spot for Kyndall & Jorden's wedding.

The place - Cape Charles on the Eastern Shore.  More specifically, a restaurant named Aqua.

Even more specifically - a sanded beach on the Chesapeake Bay.

It was me, Shawn, Kyndall & her very excited younger sister Taylor.  Ashton had school - or he too would have been with us.

The actual meeting was to hand the money over for reserving the spot.  It was pretty non-eventful.

The real event was - what the day stood for.

It was, my "baby" reserving the spot I'll give her away.

WOW.  That hits me just typing it.

As we stood there, outside Aqua, chatting with the Host, I watched my baby walk away from us.

She didn't walk away, to leave us.  No.  She walked over to the spot.  The spot where she will get married.  She took some pictures...sent them to special people in her life.  I watched her (no one knew) as she stood - kind of taking it all in.

The 4 of us then went to lunch together.

We went to an old barn that had been converted into a very nice place.

Again.  Nothing special about the lunch - other than it was really nice.

It was the day.  It was the conversation of the lunch.  It was seeing my baby & knowing deep within...she was smiling...as was I, Shawn & Taylor.

It was special in many ways.

I'll never ever forget the trip we took together...to reserve the place I'll give my baby away.

Proud of you baby & Jorden too.

Life is incredible!

b (aka pops)

1 comment:

lindy said...

Amesome! Had a moment like that this week, just think of the moments we miss. When we get caught up in life. Family is the most important! Crongrats to all of you!