Jan 10, 2012

Change & the Dreadful New Year's Resolutions



I mentioned this recently in another forum...but it's already January 10th.  That's crazy to me.

What's so crazy about it is this...any planned changes we were going to make 10 days ago - we should be working feverishly on already.

However...

If you are anything like me, getting to the changing part is hard to do.

For me - there are a few specific reasons this is true.

1 - I place way too much stock in the New Year.

It's like the New Year has some gold dust it's going to sprinkle on me or something & make all those changes so easy now that it's a New Year.

Well...NOT.

Putting too much trust in the calendar...and so here I am, waiting for a good day to start.  Somehow allowing myself to forget, I had 2011 to make said changes...

There must be some pretty strong reasons or habits that are holding me back from getting going.

Dang...New Years Resolutions - you have let me down already.  I thought this year it would be easier than it was last year.

2 - Not Making any Small Changes to Allow for the Big Changes.

Again

I keep hoping that it's just going to happen.  I'm going to wake up & for some strange reason - it's going to be so easy that I simply begin.  Problem is - I've woke up 10 days now - it hasn't happened.

I sit here now - tying this out...knowing a day has almost gotten away from me already - no real change.

Somewhere, I have to make the changes to allow me to make the real changes.

This leads me to the 3rd one...

3 - Not Really Being Committed.

If I really want it bad enough - I'm going to make it happen.

So, rather than this being an annual effort that is slowly getting away from me already...I have to commit to making myself better every day.

AND

If I fail to live up to that in a given day...I get up the next & try again.

I will not allow this year to get away from me...for tomorrow I will rise again & start over.

peace

b

No comments: