Aug 7, 2011

Movies...are there any good movies anymore?

So...

I'm not a big movie goer - but I really like good movies...especially action packed ones.  To protect myself & whoever else might go to a movie with me & Shawn, I read a few reviews...I go to Rotten Tomatoes to read the ratings...I even have an app on 1 phone so we can check viewer ratings before we attend something even on the fly...

Blah blah blah blah blah...

Well, I did diligent research on the Planet of the Apes movie...asked a few people about it...went to Tomatoes for the critics ratings etc...You'd figure that a movie having an 80% viewer rating would be good enough to attend...not!

I don't get how they can make a movie look so good in the previews - only to make it so bad in real life.

You walk out of that movie with that look on your face that says "what the heck just happened".  That "wake me up because I know this is not real" look.

Anyway...

If you want some good advice...if you go to see Planet of the Apes...get some pop corn & a drink...then after watching about the 1st 10 or 15 minutes of the movie, you'll meet the apes & all the key people of the movie...then take the drink & popcorn somewhere else to enjoy...at least somewhere else, you will be able to talk with whoever you came with & you won't be watching this movie for the next 100 minutes of your life waiting for it to get as good as the preview...because it's not going to happen.

Just trying to help my fellow man...

b

ps - any good suggestions?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just went and seen Zoo Keepter with Kevin James. Great family movie and lots of laughs. Cheers..