Aug 6, 2011

Writings on the Wall

Yesterday was Shawn's birthday...so we planned to spend some time together.


One of the things we got to do was go get a couple's massage.  Some of our friends had bought us the massages for our anniversary...it was a great way to spend some time together for sure...


Anyway - before going back for the massages, we were sitting in the "Zen" room...AKA a room with really cool pics of sunrises or sunsets...dimmed lights...relaxing music playing...a video on a large screen of snow falling...just a place to get your mind off all the things it normally is filled with.


AND right there on the wall was a quote I had read years ago.  I guess since we were in the "Zen" room...and it was Shawn's birthday...and we just celebrated our 25th anniversary...and Ashton signed up for college - which starts in 2 weeks...and Kyndall is now engaged...and Taylor has one of the best pure laughs in the world (IMO)...the quote made more sense than it may have the 1st time I read it.


Here's what it says...


"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."


I hope that before I leave this earth - I have lots more of those "take your breath kind of moments"...


I also hope the same for you.

Live!

b


No comments: