Aug 20, 2011

Ocean or Pool

So...

Each day while in Hatteras - we typically do both the beach & the pool...

So, today I was thinking & asking - what's the diff between them?  Why do some prefer 1 over the other?

Here's a few of my thoughts on each...

Ocean - ominous...huge...makes ya think about creation & the God behind it all...the waves - relaxing yet powerful...you can take a long walk on the beach...find shells & other things from the deep...dangerous to some extent...untamable...boats...fish...mysterious...a certain power that just is...don't go alone - no matter...body surfing - old school of course...storms on the horizon...sunsets...birds...sand - hot sand...tides...chairs...coolers...sandwiches...

Pool - safe...predictable...clear...somewhat more safe than the ocean...horse flies - wonderful part of creation that makes the ocean look much better...quiet...contained...5 ft. deep...no waves...no mystery at all...feels like your kids are a bit more safe...ants...concrete...hard chairs...

I'm sure if I took the time - there are more differences...

For me - I actually like both for some of the very reasons they are so different.  So, doing the beach in the morning & following up with the pool ain't a bad day in my opinion...it beats - not having either all day long.

peace

b


No comments: