Aug 2, 2011

Journeying...

So...

As I understand it - we are all on a journey in life...a facet of that journey is our spiritual life & its development.

I could say it another way...I could say "we are all trying to figure this whole what's it mean to be a Christ follower"?...or I could say "what's it mean to grow spiritually?"...or I could say "we are all trying to figure out the same thing"...or I could say "none of us have this all figured out"...or I could say "each of us has to figure this spiritual area out"...or I could say "none of us have this all figured out - nor will we ever"...or I could also say "everyone of us still has some growing or developing to do"...or (1 more) I could say "each one of us has our own areas we need to keep working on".

Any & all are equally correct - in my opinion.

So, as we journey - ideally not on our own - is it better to "put our own convictions on someone else" and then possibly not be able to walk together, or is it better "to agree none have this all figured out" and simply keep walking together - each with the same goal in mind...loving as we go?

The way I see it...if we are all walking - we may not all be at the same place...AND, if it's true that God will guide each of us - why not leave that "let me put my personal conviction on you" thing out of the equation?

Now, for those not agreeing with me - I'm not talking about not having honest open candid dialog that is guided out of love for each other - I think that's extremely beneficial...and I think it should be part of how we develop...but let me also say - I think those dialogs are most effective when invited or brought about by the friendship that permits it AND when it's forced or offered without permission (which is earned or asked for) or without love - then typically a division begins that if not dealt with - only worsens...

What I'm saying is that when we allow simple differences to divide - or anger us - we have allowed our own agendas to be the driving force, rather than walking together in love...Then, whether we are right or wrong becomes irrelevant to the greater damage of separation.

Incredibly, I think we are often less "tolerant" of those we love the most...

So, we can walk together - different - yet in the power of love...or we can walk separately feeling right...For me, I prefer not to go this alone...

It's up to each of - but it takes everyone of us to make this thing work...

peace

b

No comments: